How to Make Weekends Sweeter

This is a partnered post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

If your life is anything like mine, you’re busy from the moment you wake up in the morning until the moment you drift off to sleep at night. With the constant needs of my job, my family and my friends, there doesn’t seem to be much time to just sit and enjoy the sweetness of life.

This year has been a year of change for me and my family. From our decision to homeschool, to simply making myself stop and slow down, I’ve been focusing on making life more enjoyable and sweeter for all of us.

When I say that we do everything as a family, you can take that quite literally. We are always together (other than when my husband is at work). We don’t do things apart from each other. If one of us needs to go somewhere, we all go. It’s just the way we do things and I honestly wouldn’t change it for the world. I love my family and I cherish each and every second I get to spend with them. But my favorite day of all is Saturday, because I get to spend all day with those I love most. There’s something cathartic about the slowness of most of our Saturday’s. We sleep in a little, we usually aren’t rushed to be anywhere, and it’s just an overall day of enjoying each other.

How to Make Weekends Sweeter

Slow Down. I know slowing down is hard. When everything is calling for your attention that last thing you think you want to do is slow down. But you can and should. When you’re stressed, your family picks up on it. Take some time off of doing everything and being everything, and just enjoy your family. Enjoy the time you have together.

Life is busy. Family time is becoming a thing of the past. Make weekends sweeter with these three easy steps.

Do Something as a Family. Find something that everyone enjoys doing and do it. Go on a nature walk and take in the beauty of the outdoors. Go see and movie and eat as much candy and popcorn as you can. Live by a beach? Take a stroll and see how many seashells you can find. The possibilities are endless.

Make it Easy. The last thing I want to do on Saturday mornings is worry about cooking breakfast and dealing with the cleanup afterwards. Make it easy for everyone and pop some Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls in the oven for a quick, delicious breakfast. From the delicious icing drizzled on top, to the Cinnabon cinnamon and the gooey center, cinnamon rolls are the ultimate weekend breakfast indulgence and the perfect way to make weekends sweeter.

After working all week long, weekends are made to be enjoyed. And by starting with a delicious and decadent breakfast that everybody loves, you’ll be off to a fantastic start!

What is your favorite weekend breakfast?

29 thoughts on “How to Make Weekends Sweeter”

Thanks for the reminder to slow down. It’s important to take in the little things and make memories sometimes.

2. Cyn Hughes says:

Our favorite weekend breakfast is pancakes! I love that it’s a Sunday morning ritual for us (and so do the kids).

Doing things as a family is important. It definitely makes weekends a lot sweeter, and you can look forward to the fun family time during a tough week.

The cinnamon rolls look so yummy. My favorite weekend breakfast is french toast or belgium waffles.

5. Kecia says:

We make pancakes a lot on the weekends. Both of my kids love them and it gets us all in the kitchen together. Cinnamon rolls are a favorite too though!!

Our favorite weekend breakfast is the classic big southern breakfast. We’re so busy on the weekdays, on the weekends I make sausage, pancakes, biscuits, gravy, and eggs. Yum!

That does sound like a delicious way to start the weekend and I am definitely going to try it. My favorite is a bagel with cream cheese and nova (smoked salmon) with slice of raw onion!

These are great ideas. I was only able to spend one day at home last weekend! I need to make the best out of the time I have at home.

9. Candy o says:

You said it! “Slow it down!” I get into the habit of trying to fit in too much during the weekend and this weekend I had a full plan. Well my car had other plans so we just hung around the house instead. It was a great weekend.

10. fancygrlnancy (Nancy Partin) says:

My boys love to make pancakes for breakfast on the weekend. We have also started making pancake mini muffins and they get to pick what to mix in.

11. Shannon Schmid says:

We have Pillsbury rolls every Christmas morning as a tradition. So yummy and deelish, a def must do for our family!

12. Ashley - Embracing Homemaking says:

We always make a big breakfast on Saturdays and try to spend the evening doing something fun together. I need some of those Pullsbury rolls for this Saturday, yum!

13. Samantha Pierce says:

We always spend our weekends together as a family because it’s the only time we’re all home together.

14. Shelley Zurek says:

I have been spending less time on line and more time DOING. Even if I just get blog pictures all done but do no blog work that helps a lot and is very fun. The pillsbury cinnamon rolls would help a lot too!

15. Debra says:

I love the weekends! During the school year it feels like the only time we are together!

16. Ellen ThatChicMom says:

Those are great tips, weekends can be so busy with kids who play sports. We try to do the first two and I think we need to add in number 3, yum!

17. Jeanine says:

Sounds great to me! With my husband working weekends now I’m the one doing everything and I think I’ll be going back to big breakfasts on Sundays we all loved it!

I try to spend weekends relaxing. It is a lot easier to do now that the kids are older. I love Cinnamon rolls. I will have to make some for a treat.

19. Christie says:

Sounds like the perfect weekend to me! A yummy breakfast and making memories, it’s just what my family needs

20. Sara P. (@SensiblySara) says:

Slowing down really is SO difficult but I never regret it when we leisurely enjoy a weekend. My kids can never say no to cinnamon rolls – that’s a great way to make the weekends sweeter!

21. Susanna @Zealous Mom says:

I agree that family time is so very important! It’s so hard to slow down but it’s imperative that we do so.

22. Little Miss Kate says:

Cinnamon rolls our are traditional Christmas Breakfast every year. So good!

23. Tracy @ Ascending Butterfly says:

Pillsbury Cinnamon Rolls remind me of one of my Aunts, she would love to make these so instantly always think of her when I see them!

24. Chasing Joy says:

I think making things easier is a great step to enjoying life more. The easier things are the less stressed we all feel.

25. Kelly Hutchinson says:

We have cinnamon rolls almost every weekend at our house. Last weekend, we made them in the waffle iron

26. Amanda says:

I loved this post! We are all so buys and I cherish our weekends together as a family!

27. Shannon Gurnee says:

This is a great post girl! I would love to make our weekends sweeter! Thanks for sharing.

28. Tammileetips says:

I love the weekends, we always have so much fun exploring the area. Cinnamon rolls are the perfect way to make the weekend sweeter, those are a favorite of my husband.

29. Amber Edwards says:

Weekends are precious to us because it is when I make the kids put all school stress away and we spend the weekend together doing fun things or just relaxing. it is our family time. This last weekend we had Monkey bread for breakfast. And this upcoming weekend we have cinnamon Rolls planned. the kids are beyond excited.