The Beginning of Our Wellness Journey

I’m proud to partner with CVS/pharmacy for the #FindYourHealthy campaign. I am being sponsored by CVS/pharmacy for my posts and activities, but all opinions expressed are my own, and all product claims or program details shared should be verified at CVS.com or with the appropriate manufacturers.

Over the past couple of months my family has made great strides in our journey to wellness. We’ve always had the best intentions, but we haven’t always followed through. And it was evident in our lifestyle, our health, and the scale.

But we finally had had enough and we made a family decision to cut the crap and just do it. No more excuses! No more cutting corners. We made a decision to change our lives!

During this journey we’ve had some struggles, we’ve had some setbacks, and we’ve had days where we all just wanted to quit and give up. But the really neat part is that we’ve all been there to hold hands and encourage each other to keep going. I love hearing my daughter encourage her brother to push through a hard workout. It’s hard not to want to just sit on the mat and cry. Every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday during our workout, I want to sit on the mat and cry.

It’s an intense hour, y’all!

This wellness journey has definitely brought us closer as a family and we are spending more time together learning how to be healthy together. We are learning what our bodies need, how they function, and how to nourish it properly.

As I’ve mentioned before in prior posts, we’ve really been doing everything we can on our wellness journey. From making sure we get enough water each day with this printable water intake tracker, to getting active with our children outside, to slowing down and giving our mind and body time to rest, we are finding new and fun ways to help us achieve our goals. We’re even helping the kids teachers with these Teacher’s Winter Survival Kits.

This wellness journey is tough. With conflicting information out there on different websites, it’s hard to decipher what’s right and what’s wrong. We just have to do the best we can with the information we’ve been given.

We’ve come to rely heavily on the way our bodies feel. With the information we’ve learned, we try to do what we can when we can. We take our multivitamins. We eat better. We keep healthier snacks on hand for when those cravings strike. We make time for getting active and getting our heart pumping.

"This wellness journey has definitely brought us closer as a family and we are spending more time together learning how to be healthy together."The most important thing we’ve learned so far is that we have to be consistent. Because it’s easy to sit in front of the television and binge watch The Walking Dead. That’s easy. What’s hard is heading to the gym for a 7pm workout after a hard day at work. But that’s what we’ve learned our family needs. We need the exercise. We need the time together. We need each other to make sure we’re on the right track.

Up until a couple months ago when we started this wellness journey, I didn’t think I was that bad off. It wasn’t until that first day in the gym that I realized I was so far from healthy. You may not have been able to see it by looking at my physical attributes, but if you could have seen inside, you would have seen just how bad off I was.

My point in all this is, you have to start somewhere. Even if it’s something small. Just start. Stop putting it off until next week and just do it. While I definitely don’t look forward to the hour of torture in the gym three days a week, I do look forward to seeing how my body is changing. In just a couple of months I’m seeing a difference in all of us. But the most important thing is, we are all feeling a difference.

I definitely don’t have it all figured out and I’m still learning as I go, but I’m so excited and proud of myself for sticking with this wellness journey. As hard as it is, it’s even more rewarding.

My local CVS has been such a great resource in finding the items I need while on my wellness journey. With the huge selection of healthy living products, they make it easy to #FindYourHealthy.

How do you #FindYourHealthy? Feel free to share on social using the hashtag and tagging @CVS_Extra.

Latest posts by Crystal (see all)

21 thoughts on “The Beginning of Our Wellness Journey”

I love that you guys are doing this as a family! We do workouts with the kids, too ?

I think this is so great! Living healthy should be a family affair, and I love that you’re making it that way. I love this so much.

I love that you are all doing this as a family. It’s definitely easier to get and stay healthy when you have accountability partners.

Good for you for making the plunge toward living a healthier lifestyle and I think it is great to get the whole family involved. Between healthy eating, drinking plenty of water, exercise and vitamins, it looks like you have it all covered.

5. What a great way to get fit and bond with your family! I’m impressed with your workout regiment!

6. Mitch says:

This is great. It is so much easier when everyone is on board. When I try to change my eating habits I run into major road blocks unless my spouse and son are participating.
    Good luck!
    Mitch

7. Michelle F. says:

What a great plan! My husband and I started our journey in September and we feel so much better already.

8. Brenda Brown says:

This is such a great idea!! I would love to do this with my family too!

Good for your family for making such healthy decisions. I like to work out with my girls a few times a week. It’s always nice when you have workout buddies to keep you motivated.

10. Scott says:

Great that you’re doing it together. Should be so much easier to accomplish that way.

11. Onica{MommyFactor} says:

Health is wealth. That’s why my family and I workout together. Its a great bonding to us.

12. Stacey says:

Best of luck to you and your family on reaching your health goals. I love your ideas.

13. Jasmine says:

Doing it together is awesome! More fun and easier to get everyone moving

14. Rosey says:

I like that printable water tracker. And I like that you’re working together as a family.

15. Nicole Escat says:

That was a great bonding too, I’m sure my family would love this idea.

16. Kelly Hutchinson says:

I think doing this as a family is a great idea. This way, you can encourage and support each other.

17. Chasing Joy says:

It is great you guys are doing this as a family. This will be a huge blessing to your kids to get healthy habits before they are adults.

18. Anjanette @MommaYoung says:

These are some great ideas for healthy living for the whole family. I’ll admit I lack imagination sometimes for the after school snacks. Thank you for sharing these tips and good luck on your journey.

19. Kim Croisant says:

I absolutely love shopping at our new CVS store. I also love that they work with bloggers. Contrats on your new wellness journey – I’ll be rootin’ for you!!

20. Shell Feis says:

I could not agree more about it being so difficult to figure out what’s the right thing to do when every site you go to {or every doctor, or every nutritionist, or every personal trainer…} says something that contradicts something else. I’m starting to figure out that I have to just do what makes my body feel the best. Now I just have to work on actually following that & not my tastebuds or desire to bingewatch Netflix! Thank you for the totally real inspiration!

21. Valerie Remy-Milora says:

I love that you are just DOING it and as a family! I personally feel there is no other way. And you;re right there is a wealth of information out there and being discerning isn’t always easy. I always tell my clients to listen to their bodies and go from there. The numbers can be very misleading but how you feel is a pretty accurate gage… the challenge is often that, until you feel what it’s like to have real, clean energy and focus, you don’t know what you’re missing… it sounds like you’ve got this part figured out ? All the best as you continue on this wonderful journey!!