Balance Your Plate with Stouffer's
I know, we’re all busy. Life is busy. No matter how hard we try to slow down, life continues to happen around us. The world keeps on spinning and we’re required to try to keep up.
It’s tiring and sometimes just downright miserable.
Can I get an amen?
And to top it off, my little people expect to be fed EVERY. SINGLE. NIGHT. I mean, really? I guess they didn’t get the memo that I’m just spent. I don’t have anything left in the reserves. I can barely keep my eyes open and they expect a hot meal from a gas-powered stove. Those two things just don’t mix, y’all.
I know my limits and I know that some days the freezer and the oven are my BFF.
And I don’t feel the least bit guilty about it. Having frozen entr?e’s on hand for those busy nights helps me to keep my little people happy and from me having a mental breakdown. Because nobody likes mom when that happens.
Balance Your Plate with Stouffer’s
Did you know that most Americans only meet the U.S. Dietary Guidelines for proper nutrition roughly 7 days out of the year. That’s just 2% of the year. The other 98% we’re totally missing the mark. I don’t think we are all intentionally failing because we’re rebels. I think it’s because we are short on time, we are short on resources, and we just need simple.
About two-thirds of consumers are looking for simple ways to follow the guidelines with prepared and whole foods.
How many times have you said, “I would eat healthier if I had more money,” or “If only I had more time I could eat healthier.” The three main reasons for consumers not eating healthfully are that it’s expensive, it’s too time consuming, and it’s overly complicated.
Balance Your Plate is an educational campaign to help consumers build nutritious, delicious, and convenient meals that meet the MyPlate recommendations. The strategy is quite simple: pair high quality frozen foods with fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, low-fat dairy, or other fresh ingredients.
Sometimes there’s a misconception that frozen food isn’t as high quality as fresh foods. And while that is true is some cases, if you purchase a high-quality frozen food, you can be assured that the vegetables were selected at the peak of freshness reducing nutrient loss that often occurs prior to consumption of fresh produce. Freezing, in essence, is like nature’s pause button.
Last week was crazy busy with work, kids activities, gym obligations, you know — just normal everyday life. I decided to give myself a break and make Stouffer’s Lasagna with Meat and Sauce for dinner one night. I was able to simply throw it in the oven, get a store-bought salad, and make homemade garlic bread. It was such an easy, but delicious dinner.
I mean, what’s not to love about freshly made, hand layered pasta with freshly cooked, hand–seasoned sauce with vine-ripened tomatoes all topped with fresh mozzarella and aged parmesan.
When it comes to eating healthy and following nutrition guidelines I think it’s important to know all your options. Balance Your Plate offers product recipes and other helpful resources to help you along the way.
#Stouffers Twitter Party
Date: November 19, 2015
Time: 1pm EST
Hashtag: #Stouffers & #contest
Prizes: 5 $25 Visa gift cards
I hope you’ll join us on Thursday for the party to chat about portion control guidelines and tips, along with affordable meal planning and meal pairing ideas!
How do you balance your plate?
Follow Stouffer’s on Facebook and Twitter!
- Previous Netgear Arlo Smart Home Security Camera System
- Next Klutz Handmade for the Holidays Giveaway