Safari Animal Magnets
These Safari Animal Magnets are part of a sponsored post with Fandango. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
My family always gets to the theater super early and we anxiously await for the previews of the upcoming films. While we were waiting in the theater to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we belly-laughed our way through the preview of Zootopia.
Oh my gosh, if you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the trailer.[embedded content]
The scene in the DMV office — that scene alone is worth the price of admission!
I like finding ways to bring the movie home with us, and I thought these Safari Animal Magnets were just perfect. They’re an easy way to bring the safari animals from the film right to your refrigerator door.
Safari Animal Magnets
I wanted all the Safari Animal Magnets to be similar in the way they looked and around the same size, so instead of raiding the boys toys, I picked up a 40-pack of safari animals from Walmart.
The project could have been extremely inexpensive if I would have used the animals we had at home, but with everything I had to purchase, it still only cost about $15!
- set of plastic safari animals (these are similar safari animals to the set I purchased at Walmart)
- small, round magnets (I used 3/4 ” diameter)
- E6000 adhesive
- Apply a generous amount of E6000 adhesive to the plastic safari animal where you want to place the magnet. I found this easier than placing the adhesive directly to the magnet.
- Firmly press magnet onto adhesive. Allow to dry for at least 24 hours.
So simple, right?
If you want to purchase all your supplies locally, rather than online, I purchased the animals at Walmart, the magnets at Lowe’s, and the E6000 at Target (but this is probably available at Walmart and/or Lowe’s, too).
Because the magnets are thick, the Safari Animal Magnets will stick away from the refrigerator some. Here is how mine look from the side.
But since we usually have a refrigerator filled with artwork from our children, we won’t be able to notice that they stick out some.
I can’t wait until we can actually see the movie on March 4th! I think after seeing this animals on the big screen, it will give our own Safari Animal Magnets a little bit of personality!
Zootopia arrives in theaters on March 4th! Learn more about Zootopia and sign up for alerts when tickets go on sale in your area!
- Previous Creative Ways to Celebrate Easter with Your Kids
- Next Starbucks Cozy Collection + Hot Cocoa K-Cup Pods