Safari Animal Magnets

These Safari Animal Magnets are part of a sponsored post with Fandango. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.

My family always gets to the theater super early and we anxiously await for the previews of the upcoming films. While we were waiting in the theater to watch Star Wars: The Force Awakens, we belly-laughed our way through the preview of Zootopia.

Oh my gosh, if you haven’t seen it yet, here’s the trailer.

[embedded content]

Funny…right?

The scene in the DMV office — that scene alone is worth the price of admission!

I like finding ways to bring the movie home with us, and I thought these Safari Animal Magnets were just perfect. They’re an easy way to bring the safari animals from the film right to your refrigerator door.

Safari Animal Magnets

Super easy Safari Animal Magnets. A fun DIY for the whole family.

I wanted all the Safari Animal Magnets to be similar in the way they looked and around the same size, so instead of raiding the boys toys, I picked up a 40-pack of safari animals from Walmart.

The project could have been extremely inexpensive if I would have used the animals we had at home, but with everything I had to purchase, it still only cost about $15!

Super easy Safari Animal Magnets. A fun DIY for the whole family.

Safari Animal Magnets
Author:
Ingredients
  • set of plastic safari animals (these are similar safari animals to the set I purchased at Walmart)
  • small, round magnets (I used 3/4 ” diameter)
  • E6000 adhesive
Instructions
  1. Apply a generous amount of E6000 adhesive to the plastic safari animal where you want to place the magnet. I found this easier than placing the adhesive directly to the magnet.
  2. Firmly press magnet onto adhesive. Allow to dry for at least 24 hours.

So simple, right?

If you want to purchase all your supplies locally, rather than online, I purchased the animals at Walmart, the magnets at Lowe’s, and the E6000 at Target (but this is probably available at Walmart and/or Lowe’s, too).

Super easy Safari Animal Magnets. A fun DIY for the whole family.

Because the magnets are thick, the Safari Animal Magnets will stick away from the refrigerator some. Here is how mine look from the side.

Super easy Safari Animal Magnets. A fun DIY for the whole family.

But since we usually have a refrigerator filled with artwork from our children, we won’t be able to notice that they stick out some.

Super easy Safari Animal Magnets. A fun DIY for the whole family.

I can’t wait until we can actually see the movie on March 4th! I think after seeing this animals on the big screen, it will give our own Safari Animal Magnets a little bit of personality!

Zootopia arrives in theaters on March 4th! Learn more about Zootopia and sign up for alerts when tickets go on sale in your area!

24 thoughts on “Safari Animal Magnets”

1. Jeanette says:

My nephew is just at the right age for these. I know my sister-in-law is looking for magnetic animals so I’m gonna tell her about this page.

2. Meagan says:

Okay, this movie looks adorable! Love the idea of making those animals into magnets!

3. Jenna Wood says:

We are super excited about Zootopia too- I think animals were one of my favorite topics growing up and it will be fun to see how children relate to each character and their animal characteristics. Thanks for the fun project idea!

4. diane says:

Those are really cute. My kids used to love playing with the magnets on the fridge.

This idea is genius! I love how easy this project seems to be and I know it would be a huge hit with my animal loving 3yr old nephew.

6. Jeni Hawkins says:

How amazing are those!? BRILLIANT! I love that they are 3D, too – makes it way more fun for the kids!

These magnets would look great on my fridge. We are excited to go see Zootopia with my friends little ones.

8. Lisa Bristol says:

My kids would love these animal magnets. They have been watching the Zootopia trailer and asking when we can go to see it.

9. Sarah says:

The movie looks adorable! I’m sure my kids will want to go see it. love the magnets as well ?

10. Aubrey says:

This movie looks so great. My kids will probably love it.

11. Sabrina says:

My kids love these animals! They play with similar toys all the time!

12. Brandy says:

Magnets are so fun to play with and these are simply adorable! I will have to get some for the kiddos and for my niece!

13. Ellen Christian says:

What a cute idea. I’d love to add these to our refrigerator!

14. Amy D says:

These are an awesome idea!~ My son loves playing with the magnets we already have! If I made him these, he would have so much fun!

15. Autumn says:

These would make a great gift either for a full set or favors for a birthday party. We’re so excited about Zootopia as well!

16. Heather Johnson says:

What a simple but cute idea! I should totally do this when my kiddos outgrown their little animal toys.

Zootopia sounds like a really cute movie from all I’ve been hearing about it. I never thoight to make my own magnets–and who cares if they stick out a little. Well maybe my cat who I’m sure would be tempted to pull them down!

18. Monica says:

I love the movie trailers in the theatre! The magnets are so cute. This is a perfect craft to do when the grandchildren come over! I’m always looking for interesting and fun crafts we can do together.

19. Maggie says:

We can’t wait to see Zootopia! I think it looks like a great movie! What a great idea for those magnets! My 4 yr old loves playing with small figures/animals that have details on them. This would be a great way for her to have fun and learn more about animals!

20. Valerie Robinson says:

These are so adorable! I want some…I collect elephants. Enjoyed the movie trailer too!

21. Amber NElson says:

Those magnets are adorable. My kids would love playing with those!

22. Annemarie LeBlanc says:

These are so much fun! Its a great way to teach children about animals. Would also make a fun activity teaching them about animal sounds!

23. Debbie Denny says:

Such a neat idea. Really cute and easy to make. The movie does look like it will be awesome

24. brianna says:

I am looking forward to seeing this movie with my kids. I really love the zebra magnet. Such a cute idea!