Chocolate Protein Iced Coffee

This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Folgers for IZEA. All opinions are 100% mine.

Chocolate Protein Iced Coffee is perfect for busy mornings.

Mornings in my house are rushed and chaotic. No matter how much I plan the night before, it’s inevitable that something will go awry and the morning will quickly spin out of control.

I’m pretty sure that’s normal for most of us. If it’s not normal for you, please share your secrets with the rest of us.

As soon as my feet hit the ground in the morning, I’m constantly doing for everyone else…even the dog. From preparing school lunches to consoling tired children who don’t want to go to school, mornings just aren’t my favorite.

And to be honest, some mornings I forget about breakfast. With all the things that I have to do, sometimes it just escapes me.

Does that ever happen to you?

Sneak in a little protein in your morning coffee with this easy Chocolate Protein Iced Coffee recipe.

But what if you could sneak in some protein in your morning coffee. Wouldn’t that be nice? It’s almost like killing two birds with one stone. I say almost almost because really, you still need more for breakfast, but it’s nice for those times when it just isn’t going to happen.

Chocolate Protein Iced Coffee

Chocolate Protein Iced Coffee
Prep time
Total time
Author:
Recipe type: Drinks
Serves: 1
Ingredients
  • 2/3 cup warm water
  • 1 tsp Folgers Classic Roast Instant Coffee Crystals
  • 1/3 scoop chocolate protein powder
  • 1 tablespoon half-and-half
  • 1/2 – 1 cup crushed ice
Instructions
  1. In a glass or bottle combine water and coffee crystals. Stir or shake to dissolve.
  2. Add chocolate protein powder and stir or shake until completely dissolved.
  3. Add half-and-half and stir or shake until combined.
  4. Pour in crushed ice and stir one last time. Enjoy!

This Chocolate Protein Iced Coffee is super easy to make and shouldn’t take much longer than making your regular morning coffee. You could even prepare most of it the night before (add ice when ready to drink) and have it ready for you in the refrigerator the next morning.

I love that I can sneak in a few grams of protein while drinking my morning coffee. I’m going to drink coffee regardless, but with this easy drink, it helps me feel a little full until I can grab a quick breakfast.

After the kids get off to school, I like to get a few minutes of me time before I officially start my work day at home. Being able to make a super quick pick-me-up allows me to do just that. Me time is so important for us as we are busy raising our little families.

Never underestimate the power of me time. Even if it’s just a couple minutes. It does a body good!

Folgers instant coffee is a wonderful solution for me on busy mornings. I get the same coffee I know and love, in an easier and faster way.

Skip the coffee shop drive-thru, y’all. Make your coffee just the way you like it no matter where you are. Need a mid-day pick me up? Make half a serving for an afternoon boost. It helps when you’re cooking dinner, helping with homework, ironing your husband’s clothes, and bathing the dog — all at the same time.

Not really, but you get my point.

Whether your me time is 5 minutes, 10 minutes, or even longer, it’s important that we take time for ourselves each and every day. Life is crazy. Take some time each day to slow down and simply relax. It’ll be worth it. I promise!

If you’re looking for another recipe idea for Instant coffee, check out this amazingly delicious Hot Fudge Frappe. Oh my word, it’s delicious, y’all. And here are some other Folgers Recipes for you to enjoy.

Latest posts by Crystal (see all)

21 thoughts on “Chocolate Protein Iced Coffee”

Protein and caffeine? Sounds like an awesome combo to me! I can’t wait to try this.

2. Pam W says:

i definitely need to get more protein in my diet. This sounds like a yummy caffeinated way to do it.

3. Brandy says:

I totally need a creative way to get more protein into my diet, this looks like a great option!

This sounds like a scrumptious way to get more protein. I am a sucker for any kind of iced coffee!

What an awesome idea. That extra protein would be nice in the morning. Coffee on an empty stomach isn’t the best!

6. valmg @ Mom Knows It All says:

My Mom is often looking for new protein drinks to make. I think she’d enjoy this one quite a bit.

7. Jeanine says:

That looks delicious! I wish I liked coffee. This would be perfect for my husband however, protein iced coffee? his favourite things I will have to make this for him!!

8. Ryan Escat says:

It is good to add protein in a drink for additional health benefit. Those pictures look really tempting, I bet it’s delicious!

9. Stacey says:

This is a good-looking protein drink. I like the short prep time.

10. Kelly Hutchinson says:

I love starting my day with a good protein drink. I would never have thought to combine coffee with it. Brilliant!

11. Dawn McAlexander says:

Some iced coffee would be perfect right about now. I need to make some of this for myself.

12. Toni says:

What a smart idea to add protein powder! I love iced coffee and this makes it even better.

This is a great way to get extra protein in your diet. I will have to give this recipe a try tomorrow.

14. Karla says:

Yes, I want in. I want some of that in my coffee or chocolate drink and that looks like an incredible idea. Thank you for sharing, I’ll check out the other recipes as well using the link.

15. Ora Lee Gurr says:

It’s a terrible feeling to discover it’s 10 am and I’ve been to busy to remember breakfast. This sounds like a great pick-me-up. I’ll pick up some instant coffee and chocolate protein powder tomorrow. Thanks for the great recipe.

16. susan says:

I am a busy working mom and I am always looking for better options to keep me moving. I would love to try this, I am sure it will give me the energy I need and would taste great!

17. Debi says:

Oh it sounds so good. It would be perfect to get me going in the morning. And believe me, after my late nights, I need all the help I can get.

18. valmg @ Mom Knows It All says:

My Mom tries to drink protein drinks and shakes most mornings. She would love this one!

19. Kristi says:

I love Iced coffee and what a great idea to add protein to it. Protein is sure important to our daily diet.

20. Olivia Douglass says:

I love these types of recipes!! I am going to have to try it, it looks delicious!

21. Katherine G says:

I’m going to show this to my mother-in-law. She loves to have a cup of coffee in the morning. Maybe she will give this a try.