5 Reasons Girls Will Love Cars 3 From a Girl Mom
Have only little girls at home? Wondering if they will like Cars 3? Here are 5 reasons girls will love Cars 3 from a girl mom!
People ask us, more often my husband, if we’ll keep trying until we have a boy. Mildly offensive without really meaning to be, this question begs us to answer what would be different if we had sons instead of three daughters. Not much! The comic book store would still know the kids by name, the back yard would still be full of mud volcanoes, and the Cars franchise would still have our money.
Last week, I was able to take my middle daughter to a screening of Cars 3, the newest installment in Disney Pixar’s Cars trilogy. McQueen is back on the race track with some familiar faces and a few new grills you’ll adore. Harper being the most glittery of my the three daughters was elated. Cars, especially Cars 3, is not just for boys. With a new strong female character and an emotionally rich plot, girls are going to love Cars 3.
5 Reasons Girls Will Love Cars 3
1. Cruz Ramirez – We adore the newest car on the track, Cruz Ramirez. Cruz has been tasked to bring McQueen back to glory after serious setback. He’s resistant; she’s persistently optimistic. Cars 3 brings in a new wave of racers with sleek design and all the best tech. That is so not Lightning McQueen. Cruz calls McQueen her “Senior Project” in this clip.
Cruz is a dynamic character, with emotion and a great back story. It’s reported that character riggers gave Cruz 656 controls (360 for her body and 296 for her face).
Cruz is the millennial, full of savvy tech knowledge and spunk. Her back story is emotional and not without disappointment, but I promise you’ll be cheering Cruz on the whole time.
2. Fresh and Female Faces – There are enough lanes for everyone on the track. The Cars movies have always included smart and strong characters like Sally, the sassy lawyer from Radiator Springs. But Cars 3 puts more girls on the track and even in the derby. I loved the scary school bus, Miss Fritter, in the Thunder Hollow Speedway. ‘Prepare to meet the wrath of the Lower Belleville County Unified School District!’ There’s also Natalie Certain, the statistical analysis, who’s smart and direct.
There’s a definite girl power vibe to the movie, without alienating any fans.
3. Return to Cars 1 – Cars 2 was a fun detective caper. I adored seeing Mater on the loose in Europe, bumbling his way into success. But I am thrilled the franchise has recaptured the magic of the first film with Cars 3. There’s not only a strong connection to the first film, but also to the history of racing. McQueen honors Doc Hudson and pays it forward. In a world that’s speeding forward with technology, seeing cars slow down and learn from the past is a great lesson to share with all of our children, daughters included.
4. Emotional Story of Refinding Purpose – There’s more to racing than speed. There’s more to Cars 3 than just cars. They’re characters that make us laugh and teach us what it means to be a friend and a hero. Even if a automotive-themed toy isn’t your daughter’s thing, she’ll fully connect with these characters.
It’s been more than 10 years since rookie Lightning McQueen raced into the spotlight. Jackson Storm, the newest next-gen racer, flaunts a speed faster than McQueen’s without even fully trying. Aging, disappointments, and redefining yourself aren’t unique to just boys or just race cars. Seeing McQueen struggle is a great lesson for all of us. Strategy can triumph over speed. Helping others reach their goals can get you to yours too.
5. They’re Super Cool Cars – Cars are awesome, so there’s no reason our girls can’t adore Cars 3 because it’s all about them. High speed races created with gorgeous animation will win over any race fan. There were moments of the rubble flying out behind the tires where I was just blown away with how far animation technology has progressed.Whether they be modeled after muscle cars or monster trucks, Cars 3 has some seriously cool cars.
These are just 5 reasons girls will love Cars 3. Go see it for yourself – you’ll love it. Cars 3 is now playing in theaters.
Did your daughter love it as much as mine?